Fayetteville Technical Community College
These are listed in the "Emergency Guide for Illness, Injury and Emergency Response Procedures " Booklet.
Exposure Incident: A specific eye, mouth, other mucous membrane non-intact skin, or parenteral contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials that results from the performance of duties.
Responsibilities of the Employee
1. Remove all contaminated personal protective equipment immediately and dispose of properly.
2. Wash exposed areas with soap and water or flush mucous membranes as appropriate.
3. Report the incident immediately to supervisor/principal.
4. Contact Security at 678-8433 or use an Emergency Call Box.
Responsibilities of the Supervisor
1. Ensure that employee seeks medical care/first aid as appropriate.
2. Ensure that the spill is properly cleaned up, blocked off, as appropriate.
3. Ensure that Security is notified immediately at 678-8433 or use an Emergency Call Box.
If you have any questions at any time regarding the information presented in this tutorial, please contact David Sullivan at 910-916-0688.